What is Laser Gum Treatment?
Laser gum treatment is an exciting advancement in the field of dentistry. Laser is a great dental instrument which treats both hard and soft tissue. Lasers have various energy and wavelength treating multiple issues in single sitting comfortably. Dentists use different types of lasers, such as diode lasers and erbium lasers, depending on the specific procedure, ultimately contributing to improved patient experiences and outcomes in modern dentistry.
How To Identify If You Have Gum Disease?
- Bleeding from gums during brushing or flossing
- Swollen gums
- Peeling of gums
- Foul smell and pus discharge from gums
- Brown to black deposits seen near gums.
How To Find The Right Dentist For My Gum Disease?
Commencing with routine scaling is the first phase in addressing gum disease, typically administered by a general dentist. If gum disease has progressed, a specialized periodontist may assume your care. To find the most comfortable gum treatment, explore nearby experienced laser gum treatment providers.
How Long Would The Laser Gum Procedure Take?
Laser gum treatment requires approximately half an hour for each segment of mouth. Two hours would be needed to complete full mouth gum treatment.
How Long Is The Recovery Period After Laser Gum Treatment ?
It would take approximately one week for the recovery and in some cases 2 weeks .Healing depends on the individual oral ad overall health. However, patients can go back to normal routine from very next day after the procedure.
What Are The Do’s And Don’ts After Laser Gum Treatment?
- Gentle brushing and rinsing your mouth can help you to maintain good oral hygiene
- It’s best to stay on a soft diet until primary healing is complete
- Using an antiseptic mouth rinse prevents any oral cavity infection
- Regular follow-ups are crucial for early detection of any potential infections
- Avoid using straw for a few days to prevent bleeding
- Quit habits like smoking and drinking
- Do not disturb the area with your tongue
What Are The Various Soft Tissue Gum Treatments Performed With Laser?
These are the few soft tissue gum treatment procedures done by laser
- Gum contouring or reshaping
- Treating gum disease (periodontal therapy)
- Removal of excess gum tissue (gingivectomy)
- Frenectomy for tongue or lip ties
- Gum grafting for gum recession
- Sterilizing gum pockets during root canal therapy
- Accelerating tissue healing after surgery
Is Laser Gum Surgery Covered By Insurance?
Some laser gum treatments may be covered by dental insurance, while the surgical aspect of gum treatment may be eligible for medical insurance coverage. To determine your coverage percentage, it’s advisable to consult your insurance provider. Additionally, you can explore alternative payment options, such as setting up a Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and keeping the associated card handy for payment.
How Long Does Gum Treatment Lasts?
When gum treatments are coupled with regular scaling and diligent oral hygiene maintenance, their effectiveness can be extended for an extended duration, allowing for successful outcomes in chewing without significant discomfort
How To Find An Affordable Best Quality Laser Treatment Provider?
Discovering a reputable laser dentist skilled in non-surgical laser gum therapy can be achieved through various methods:
- Seek recommendations from friends, family, or neighbors residing in your area, inquiring about experienced laser dentists or Board certified periodontists who offer non-surgical laser gum treatments.
- Utilize an online search engine, such as Google, Bing or Yahoo by entering keywords like “Laser gum treatment” “Laser Gum Therapy” , “Laser Gum Specialist” along with the name of your city or location. For instance, you can search for “Laser Gum Specialist Carrollton, Texas” , “Laser Gum Specialist Cedar Hill, Texas”, “”Laser Gum Specialist Grapevine, Texas”, “Laser Gum Specialist Mockingbird/SMU, Texas”
- There are few dental offices offering discounts and special offers you can easily find on social media platforms. Accordingly you can plan and get your treatment done
Schedule your laser consultation with ToothHQ Board Certified Periodontists who offer laser treatment, and together, we can take the first step towards healthier gums and a brighter smile!
ToothHQ has offices at Carrollton, Grapevine, Cedar Hill and Mockingbird/SMU , Dallas Fort Worth Metroplex, Texas and offers FREE consultation & FREE 3D CAT scan for all its dental services. Call 469-470-2546 today